I cannot believe that I will turn the calendar to July next week...time flies when you are enjoying the summer! I feel that it is my responsibility as a teacher to fully embrace my summer months by being outside and enjoying the freedom to travel...so I've been busy trying to live up to these self imposed expectations! So, as soon as school ended, I headed across the pond with my friend Lizzie to visit Christy in Copenhagen. We stayed in Denmark for a few days and then flew north to Norway where we trekked across the country from Bergen to Oslo. It was a fantastic trip and a great way to start the summer.
Christy and I with my Copenhagen city bike- took me all around the city and then got stolen!
Nyhvnd, a cool area next to the water
At the fish market in Bergen, on a typically rainy day!
Ready to kayak the narrowest fjord in Norway; our day on the water was a highlight of the trip
This was a huge waterfall that we stopped to see on our train from Flam to Myrdal; please note the odd Norse fairy/maiden on the right side of the picture- way too odd and disturbing to explain, just know that Lizzie and I still talk about this in hushed, awed tones- not really sure what we witnessed!
an amazing frozen lake from the train to Oslo- in June...crazy!
the supercool ski jump just outside of Oslo-it was pee-in-your-pants high!
the one troll in Norway that was not scary!
2 comments:
AHHhh - that brings back so many memories! The singing lady at the waterfall and all! And yup - seems not just a coincidence that our day on the water in Norway was by far our favorite also. Next time I will try it kayaking instead of the Fjord Safari. Isn't it just magnificent over there? So glad you went to visit!
hahaha - this looks SO fun! i am jealous of your adventuring...btw - you look tre hot in the kayak! :)
Post a Comment